Monday, June 17, 2019
I have been struggling. My biggest, hardest project of the year is at a standstill and as I am writing this, I am two days past my personal deadline and am waiting to hear if the paperwork will satisfy the agency. If it does satisfy them, we move on. If not...
So for about 10 days I have been a ball of stress, with it manifesting in sleeplessness, stomach issues and just general crabbiness.
Late last week, my husband said "It will all be ok in the end. If its not ok, its not the end." Honestly, that, and a friend joining me in some outrage, pulled me out of the funk I was in. Since Thursday, I have been sleeping much better and my stomach is sorting itself out.
I have to remember that good things are going to happen...and I'm just going to leave it there.
How do you cope when you are struggling?
Friday, June 14, 2019
I'm not a beauty blogger, but I thought I would share my five favorite beauty products with you this week.
1. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
I have loved this since the first time I tried it! It helps my skin feel hydrated and makes makeup application much smoother.
2. Jade Roller
I'm not sure what a jade roller is supposed to do or if it really does that thing...but I like to roll it over my face after my shower to cool my skin before I start applying my makeup.
3. Milani 2 in 1 Conceal and Perfect Foundation
I love that this negates the need for concealer. It applies well and lasts a long time.
4. Koress Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial
I don't know what it is about this, but my skin improved hugely when I started using this. It came in my Spring FabFitFun box. It is light, perfectly fragrant and a little goes a long way.
5. Maybelline The City Mini Eyeshadow Palette
I love these palettes. They are very pigmented, blend well, apply with little to no fallout and I love the price!
And those are currently, my five favorite beauty products! What are yours?
Thursday, June 13, 2019
A few years ago, I came across the Powersheets, and while I was intrigued, I was not in a place in my life where I could even fathom doing the work and sticking to the goals I created for myself.
A few months ago, I started watching a couple of new (to me) YouTube creators who were using Powersheets and I was inspired. I watched all of their Powersheets videos and made the decision to purchase the 6 month, undated version.
I received my planner in April and sat down to do the prep-work...even though I had planned to mostly use my Powersheets to focus my 19 for 2019 list.
For the month of May, I just got used to using the tending list and now, mid-way through June...I love them. I love that I can track my progress on the bigger goals and keep myself accountable for goals I should be doing daily or weekly.
Below is a photo of my June tending list, updated two days ago. You can see that I need to work on my YouTube channel and going dairy free...there is still time in June!
It also called to my attention that I need to run an ad for my travel agency and build my archery backing. Both of which I added to my to-dos for this week!
Have you used the Powersheets? Are you interested in them? Let me know!
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
I have been trying to make Roasted Corn Chicken Orzo Salad from Little Spice Jar for weeks.
It is a little out of my culinary comfort zone and I just wasn't sure Chris would like it...
We both LOVED it. Seriously one of our favorite dinners in a while.
Let's break down what I changed...
Chris makes THE BEST smoked chicken breast on the grill, so I had him smoke two chicken breasts and I wrapped the corn in foil with butter and sent it out to the grill as well.
We also used our home grown cabbage in place of the spinach. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written.
It was freaking delicious. We ate it both hot and cold and it was great both ways. One note that Chris had was it was a little lime-y, so next time I'm going to reduce the lime in the dressing.
You need to make this recipe...tomorrow.
Monday, June 10, 2019
One of the most transformational movies of my life was the Dead Poet's Society. The message of carpe diem...seize the day is a message I have tried to live by. Every day, I try to enjoy the small moments, learn as much as I can and be the best wife/daughter/sister/friend that I can be.
Is there a movie that had a message that you have carried with you for a long time? Tell me about it below!
Thursday, June 6, 2019
I feel like I spun my wheels a LOT in May and did not make any progress. Let's work it out.
1. Make Aprons-I found the material back...does that count as progress?
2. Go to Archery Monthly...nope.
3. Facts of Life Binder-I actually made a ton of progress on this in a roundabout way.
4. Crochet a Blanket-I've been trying to crochet nightly so that is going well.
5. Remodel my Bathroom-My contractor is coming this week to do a quote.
6. Remodel Kitchen-Not even on our radar yet.
7. New Bedding-Done! OK, almost done. I need to get some pretty things to finish off the look.
8. Paint Bedroom-Not even on our radar yet.
9. Read 65 Books-Made BIG progress on this...I finished my 20th book on May 31!
10. Continue Mental 20-This is going well again!
11. Adopt-We made HUGE progress on this. As of the end of May, all of our paperwork has been submitted to our home study agency and we are just waiting to do our interviews.
12. Keep Training Ellie-We are continuing to work on roll over, but I have given Chris the training duties because Ellie seems to see him as a playmate with no authority, so they are doing a training session every night now.
13. Bake 2 items a month-I baked brownies and Heaven Sent Cake
14. Travel to a New Place-I think we are going to South Dakota for vacation in September...stay tuned.
15. $250,000 Travel Agency Sales-I need to revamp this to $100,000. :(
16. Buy New Glasses...I'm just going to do this without Chris I think.
17. Go Dairy Free/Gluten Free/Sugar Free 90% of the time-I'm going off the dairy train this month.
18. Get Pearl Earring Fixed...Done!
19. Catch up on Photo Books-I made a bit of progress here.
So, all in all, not too bad! I did make progress.
How are you doing on your May goals?
Wednesday, June 5, 2019
I'm always looking for something new and interesting to cook and Aloha Pineapple Chicken from Delicious Food Recipes caught my eye.
It was quick and easy to make, but as many times as I try, I don't like sweetened meat. I don't love honey glazed ham...and that seemed to translate to pineapple chicken.
Chris said it was good, so I will give it a solid B+ in terms of taste and ease of cooking.