Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Going to the Beach: Breakfast Planning and Ideas
I don't know about you, but breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!
I love eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, hash browns, crepes, muffins and more!
My strategy for meal planning at the beach has changed drastically over the years. One year, we went to the grocery the day we got there and bought everything we needed for the entire week. Don't do that. Another year, we did two big grocery runs and while that was better, don't do that.
This year, we are going to go to the grocery every other day.
Here is my strategy:
1. Choose Three "family breakfast" meals and make a grocery list for each meal.
2. Make a grocery list of breakfast basics (cereal, fruit, eggs, etc).
3. Before our first grocery trip, decide what our breakfast for the next two days will be and pull the lists for those meals.
4. Repeat for each subsequent trip...but make sure to check the fridge before leaving!
Here are some of my favorite "family breakfast" menus!
1. Scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes and fruit
2. Blueberry Coconut Banana Bread, breakfast sausage, and fruit
3. Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole and fruit
4. Frittata, hash browns and fruit
How do you plan for breakfasts at the beach? What are your favorite breakfast foods?